Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Redmond - The beauty naturally


This is not a story. It’s something very beautiful I am going through as of today. Before shifting to this town called Redmond(In Washington, USA), I was skeptical about how much away would I be from the land of India – the earth, the greenery and the nature- Only to be proved very wrong.

Redmond is a city located 16 miles east of Seattle. Popularly known for being the Microsoft headquarters, it is a city full of nature and its successors. Redmond is bordered by Kirkland to the west, Bellevue to the southwest, and Sammamish to the southeast. Unincorporated King County lies to the north and east. The city's downtown lies just north of Lake Sammamish; residential areas lie north and west of the lake. The Sammamish River runs north from the lake along the west edge of the city's downtown. All these areas are wonder joys – there are so many livid dreams one goes through everyday living near them. I shifted here recently with my husband (after only a month of our wedding). This city is all the more special because there are many of our firsts associated with it.
The first time we caught little ice flakes in our hands.
It was a Sunday and only the third day after shifting to this part of the world. I was reading ‘To kill a mocking bird’ – Harper Lee ( I believe) and almost drifting into an afternoon lap when Noni(my husband as he is called) yelled or shouted or rather excitedly called from the balcony of our 1st story flat. Flaky rains were pouring white wonders from the sky.
The first view of Kirkland
We visited Kirkland with our relocation expert in the 2nd week. The place is beautiful and you can actually see those dream moments of – playing guitar by a lakeside and eating dinner – as true and live. Lot of boating goes around the place with many people purchasing their own boats and taking it up as a regular activity.
The first view of the pine and other (not so clever with their names as of yet) trees with clean roads and fresh air on my way to office
There are many firsts yet to come as life is laying them before us J
The moments captured around Redmond by Somak – Thanks for letting me use them here.
Copyright Somak Bhattacharya.

The mountain and the white covering ..




The fresh water streams....gurgling their way down to us
' Where have we come, where land meets air
  where blushing of water pours on the face
  wind has its own direction and sky has its own
  where purity is more and everything much less
  the water I drink doesn't need to be cleaned 
  the air I breathe doesn't need to pass any lab tests
  the food that I eat are straight from the river bed
  and the eternal existence of life - defines this very place'

In Redmond there is no dearth of fresh fruits and juices. BUT, I still miss my red-pulpy Kissan Jam- the one I had modestly applied on all my toasts since I was 7. I bought 2 full jars of it when I came from India. There is still some left but we crave for more..

This entry is part of the Kissan - 100% real and natural experiences. If you have some, enter here: Natural

I will come out on with more on Redmond and its natural ways soon :) 

6 comments:

  1. Nice post! Thanks for stopping by my blog and voting for my post :) U have a lovely blog here.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Thanks for stopping by my blog and voting for my post. U have a lovely blog here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowfalkes... that's my dream and my six-year-old daughter's too. Must seem like a miracle. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ObsessiveMom( however I wish I knew your first name :)).. yeah it again snowed this morning and I was on Skype with my family in India.. they were overjoyed to see it .. may be I will post some pictures soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ! The dreamy stream is so beautiful ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya it is .. there were so many more .. but the size and GB limitations :( for a single post .. :)

    ReplyDelete