Monday, March 12, 2012

Sun and the glasses


There are three things money can’t buy – love, habits and inbuilt attributes. For everything else stylish and more stylish I logged on to http://www.gkboptical.com .  Since when have I worn sunglasses? I don’t remember. Born and bought up in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India, I had to go through extreme summers and driving a two wheeler was an added reason for my mother to admonish me ‘Wear you sunglasses or goggles as she called them’ whenever I went out. Back in 90s, the common shades available were black and brown. People would be considered high fashion if they could get a sunglass in any other shade say a dark blue. Things have changed now, whatever shape you want and in whatever color you want with the finest optical glasses with deep fiber coating and tint effect is now available( checkout http://www.gkboptical.com for a more elaborate range of the stylish GOGS :D).
Below are the looks I tried on my picture pairing them with Designer sunglasses from the GKBOptical site, trail is free (you can try one yourself):

1. The pseudo – geeky look

 

I am wearing here RAY-BAN RB 4159. The reason I chose this particular model:

a.       My Love for Ray-Ban from childhood to create a smarty look
b.      I like pink – be it bedsheets or sunglasses
c.       The edgy beetle end of these sunglasses makes them look different from the rest of the genres.
d.      I like the overall Batman shape.

Technical specifics (in case you like this one):

Frame Shape
Wayfarer
Frame Material
Shell
Product Type
Sunglasses
Warranty
1 Year(s) Warranty
Frame Type
Full
Frame Size
55
Frame Colour
Purple , Purple
Lens Colour
Brown
Bridge/Vertical/Temple
15/40/135
Colour No.
825/51
Product code:
RY53VL55
Size Description: http://www.gkboptical.com/skin/frontend/gkb/default/images/q.png
Eye
Bridge
VerticalB
Temple
LG
55
15
40
135

2. The semi stylish look



Here, I am wearing oops wearing on my T-shirt the DKNY DY 4073. The reason I chose them were:

a.       They are fashionable and trendy
b.      I like the combination of grey lens with black frame
c.       They serve the dual purpose of a sunglasses and an accessory for me( refer the picture above).

Technical specifications for these sunglasses:

Frame Shape
Rectangle
Frame Material
Shell
Product Type
Sunglasses
Warranty
1 Year(s) Warranty
Frame Type
Full
Frame Size
55
Frame Colour
Black , Black
Lens Colour
Gray
Bridge/Vertical/Temple
17/40/130
Colour No.
3001/11
Product code:
SDK106BL55
Size Description: http://www.gkboptical.com/skin/frontend/gkb/default/images/q.png
Eye
Bridge
VerticalB
Temple
LG
55
17
40
130


1.      3. The modern bride look

      
      







These are the RAY-BAN RB 3362. The reason for selecting this one is the trendy outlook and the matching color (with my dress- mauve). I wish the picture could have been a little better but I didn’t have a close up shot of this picture taken on my reception party.
It is hence proved that Sunglasses do not need a head to wear and a season to buy them in :D. So hurry and make use of style to the fullest.



This entry is a part of the contest at BlogAdda.com brought to you by GKB Optical Sunglasses

5 comments:

  1. now this is a good post..the first one looks nerdy though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I dont hesitate to call myself a Nerd at time :D .. was taken in the kitchen early morning at 5:00 Am so I believe the glasses completed the book worm look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont think you look nerdy!!

    kind cute actually!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shooting star: Not nerdy ? k.. will take that :) .. read your post .. some pictures you have got there .. nice work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post even though pictures could have been better. I had awesome experience buying sunglasses at MyDeals247.com

    ReplyDelete