Thursday, September 23, 2010

India - The next superpower

And I wondered as I had been wondering since a week, is India really Shining? I was watching the same TOI Initiative walla India shining song ( Tum chalo to Hindustan chalein.....) and the same TOI for the last week writes nothing more but about India's whining .

Things as depicted in our newspapers seem to go wrong for every turn, facts as a ceiling falling , a bridge collapsing and frauds have become synonyms currently in the context of the Common Wealth Games. With a sigh , over 6 years and 35000 Crores we could have done better.
I saw Bhanat's statement just 2 hours ago , on the matter of a dog sleeping on the beds of the rooms in which players will stay. And Ripley's believe it or not it takes some kick in your ass or some damn level of authority to say that "The standard of Hygiene for India and other countries are different, the rooms are in good state with respect to us and it varies for other countries" and that is saying something.I wondered what my granma will say to that 'Sleeping with dogs' , she would probably collapse saying 'Ram Ram .. kya zamana a gaya hai'.

However if we just stop and think, in our respective careers or in school, any function we organize or any project we work on , if that comes into trouble for say a timeline issue , unanimously everyone works on it with only a collective goal in mind to make it shine on the delivery day.I wonder why we are not doing the same in this case , it's more of a question.. I don't know...I wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment